Sending code to *scheme* buffer and reading the result

From: Eduardo Cavazos
Subject: Sending code to *scheme* buffer and reading the result
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 20:36:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Emacs' scheme-mode has code for sending a sexp to the *scheme* buffer.
But, I need to code to send an sexp, and return the result, as an
sexp. I'm sure somebody has done this before and I'd like to borrow
that code if possible. I know about Jao's awesome Geiser mode and I
could factor out the relevant parts. Just wondering about other
possibilities.

Thanks!

Ed