Re: openwith-mode opens attachments through message-send-and-exit

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: openwith-mode opens attachments through message-send-and-exit
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 08:49:00 +0200

On Sun, Aug 09 2009, Markus Triska wrote:

> In my opinion, it's worth making mm-inhibit-file-name-handlers a bit
> more "official", for example, making it work with M-x customize-variable
> etc.

What is unofficial about a defvar?  Until yesterday, I didn't even
know it exists, so I guess it's not something a user typically wants
to set (via customize).

> There is not much that openwith-mode can do in this case, because it
> typically cannot tell the context in which it is used.

You can add something like ...

(eval-after-load "mm-util"
  '(add-to-list 'mm-inhibit-file-name-handlers 'openwith-file-handler))

BTW, a very quick glance over `openwith.el' suggest that parts of it
do the same as `gnus-dired.el' (`gnus-dired-find-file-mailcap').
Instead of `openwith-associations' should use mailcap.el instead of
re-inventing yet another mailcap list.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,