Re: where does emacs23 store the info that was UnicodeData.txt?

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: where does emacs23 store the info that was UnicodeData.txt?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:20:46 -0500

Xah Lee wrote:
in emacs 22, one can put in this unicode data file to emacs so that
what-cursor-position with C-u can give full info about a char:

; load unicode data; used by what-cursor-position for showing full
unicode info
(setq describe-char-unicodedata-file
      (concat (file-name-directory
               (or load-file-name buffer-file-name))
"UnicodeData.txt" ))

by looking at the output, it appears to me emacs 23 now has the full
info on unicode char without needing that file.

Is that true?

where does emacs get the data that was in UnicodeData.txt?

thanks.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

The internal representation in ver. 23 is now Unicode, as far as I understand. On ver 22, ☄ would be reported as some "Emacs" byte sequence but on ver 23 it will give the actual U+XXXX code point for that glyph or character or whatever you call it.

Ed