Re: recoding a buffer coding system

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: recoding a buffer coding system
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:26:13 +0200

Am 14.08.2009 um 23:31 schrieb Santiago Mejia:

I have managed to successfully reformat the raw html tags into
enriched-mode tags.  However, when I try to display the buffer in
enriched-mode (by using (format-decode-buffer 'text/enriched)), some of the non-ASCII characters get screwed up (German umlauts, to be precise).

How? What do they look like/how are they presented to you? Have you looked at the mode-line and which encoding it displays for the buffers? Does the downloaded file have a header in which an encoding is listed?

Your eMail user agent runs in GNU Emacs 22.1 – are you using it also for the purpose of downloading and reformatting HTML? GNU Emacs 23.1, the Unicode Emacs, might give better results...

--
Greetings

  Pete

By filing this bug report you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to die!