Re: Using Emacs 22 Courier font in Emacs 23?

From: Nicolas
Subject: Re: Using Emacs 22 Courier font in Emacs 23?
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 16:08:04 +0200

Thank you very much for your answer.

You could try the TeX Gyre fonts from TeX distributions, also available on CTAN. It's the enhanced clone of an urw++ Courier clone. OTF and maybe also TTF.
Another option is Lucida Sans Typewriter from Java. TTF.

I tried the Tex Gyre Cursor and the Lucida Sans Typewriter fonts, but I still have the same problem: the characters themselves have the correct size (same as in Emacs 22), but there is too much white around them, which doesn't give them the correct aspect ratio.

This has nothing to do with the line-spacing parameter of Emacs, which is already set to 0.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Nicolas