Re: Using Emacs 22 Courier font in Emacs 23?

From: Nicolas
Subject: Re: Using Emacs 22 Courier font in Emacs 23?
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 15:55:17 +0200

Do you mean the file name or the font name, font family name, etc.?

Yes, everything. I used the font info dialog of fontforge.

My general impression is that libfontconfig delivers wrong values for the height of character cells. Though I never tried a proof for my opinion...

I don't think the problem is in libfontconfig: when I open the font in fontforge the glyph size has exactly the same aspect ratio as in Emacs 23 (with a TrueType font).

Do you know of any "auto-cropping" feature with the PostScript fonts?

Thanks again for your help, Peter.
Nicolas