Re: unicode rendering on Carbon Emacs 22 vs Mac Emacs 23

From: Byung-Hee HWANG
Subject: Re: unicode rendering on Carbon Emacs 22 vs Mac Emacs 23
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:00:41 +0900

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> On Aug 16, 3:03 pm, Byung-Hee HWANG <b...@izb.knu.ac.kr> wrote:
>> Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> writes:
>> > comparison of unicode rendering on Carbon Emacs 22 vs Mac Emacs 23.
>>
>> >http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/mac_emacs_unicode.html
>>
>> > any conclusion from this?
>>
>> > PS since my mac and OS is few years old, both Carbon Emacs and
>> > Aquamacs Emacs has dropped support for about over a year, so i haven't
>> > tested their latest. Is current version Carbon Emacs or Aquamacs
>> > actually run on cocoa code base from emacs 23?
>>
>> > could anyone download this file
>> >http://xahlee.org/emacs/unicode.txt
>> > and show screenshot in their current Carbon/Aquamacs Emacs?
>>
>> Xah, i have no MacOS. Just i tested on my desktop, FreeBSD.
>> http://izb.knu.ac.kr/~bh/stuff/unicode-test-xah-emacs23-20090817001.png
>>
>> It works well for me. Thanks!
>
> Hi Hwang, thanks. Looks like you have a pretty good setup. Am rather
> surprised that it happens on BSD. Btw, is that emacs 23 out of the box
> or do you have to do some setup such as picking a font in emacs/X11?

Dear Xah,

X11 supports UTF-8 stuff very well, i think. Currently, Emacs also good
to UTF-8. However, i don't know about MacOS. Please Let me pay my small
adivce and respect for you. Yes, you need to switch from MacOS to free
operating system (e.g., GNU/Linux or BSD).

Sincerely,

--
"But his ultimate aim is to enter that society with a certain power since
society doesn't really protect its members who do not have their own