Re: not sure of how to enter accented characters in emacs23 using spanis

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: not sure of how to enter accented characters in emacs23 using spanish keyboard
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:14:42 -0500

Leo wrote:
Hello,
I recently switched to emacs23 and I think it's great. I have had
problems however with my Spanish keyboard. Every time I need an
accented character (á), I get the character in the minibuffer, but not
in the text area. I have tried switching to spanish-* encodings but no
luck. Does any of you know what I'm doing wrong? BTW, my Emacs22, same
apparent configs, behaves as expected.
Thanks.

Don't know. Ver. 22 is not yet wholly based on utf-8 so it probably does things differently. You can get most European diacritics (including all Spanish ones) by using latin-1-postfix input method:

C-x ret C-\ latin-1-postfix

then a' produces á. Other combos are shown by

C-h I latin-1-postfix

hth