Re: moving around multiple buffers

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: moving around multiple buffers
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:33:28 -0600

Tamas K Papp wrote:
Hi,

I have seen screenshots of Emacs running with many buffers.  For
example, having Emacs on the whole screen and splitting the buffers
like this:

-+-

I know how to do the splitting, but I am curious about what people use
to move around.  Using C-x o (other-window) is a pain with many
windows, same applies to selecting buffers by name (at least for me),
and I want to avoid using the mouse for this.  I am thinking of
something like "move to buffer B, regardless of what is there".

I am interested in how other people handle these setups.  .emacs
snippets are welcome, too.  Also, feel free to tell me if I am
trying to do something silly that does not mesh well with Emacs.

I'm an old guy from the Unix click-to-type school.  But the one
thing I like about Emacs on Windows is the focus-follows-mouse
behavior out of the box.

`M-x apropos' is your friend.

--
Kevin Rodgers