Re: moving around multiple buffers

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: moving around multiple buffers
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:35:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 21, 9:56 am, Benjamin Andresen <be...@in-ulm.de> wrote:
> Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Aug 20, 10:50 pm, Torben Knudsen <t...@es.aau.dk> wrote:
> [snip]
> >> I use something similar.  My idea is to stay close to original emacs
> >> bindings but to avoid to many key strokes.
>
> >> ;;; Window splitting
> >> (global-set-key (kbd "M-3") 'split-window-horizontally) ; was
> >> digit-argument
> >> (global-set-key (kbd "M-2") 'split-window-vertically) ; was digit-argument
> >> (global-set-key (kbd "M-1") 'delete-other-windows) ; was digit-argument
> >> (global-set-key (kbd "M-0") 'delete-window) ; was digit-argument
> >> (global-set-key (kbd "M-o") 'other-window) ; was prefix
> >> ;; Remove locale key binding of M-o in dired
> >> (add-hook 'dired-mode-hook 'my-dired-mode-hook)
> >> (defun my-dired-mode-hook ()
> >>   (define-key dired-mode-map (kbd "M-o") nil)) ; was dired-omit-mode
>
> > umm.. that code looks like from
> >http://code.google.com/p/ergoemacs/
>
> It doesn't. None of these lines appear as they are in ergoemacs.

look at old versions. Go to code.google.com, download tab, then in the
search, choose All Downloads. That will show older versions.

i noticed in many if not most tech geeker's projects hosted on google
code, they don't bother to mark older version as deprecated. So, their
download pages shows ALL the past versions. It kinda makes the page
full and glorious, and shows the download numbers. But i think its
silly and unhelpful...

 Xah