Re: automatic search/search and replace for a marked string

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: automatic search/search and replace for a marked string
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 23:14:17 +0800

On Aug 22, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:

lichtkind <lichtkind3@web.de> writes:

Hello,

I have marked a string. Now I want to search for this string in the
whole text. I know that I can search with C-R or C-S. and type in the
searchstring. I'm looking for a way, that the marked string is
automatic the searchstring. This should also work for the other
search/ search and replace types.

M-w C-s M-y

You would normally paste (yank) with C-y, but strangely in the C-s
minibuffer, you have to use M-y.

There's also some relevant stuff in Isearch Yanking: (info "(emacs)Isearch Yank"))

__Pascal Bourguignon__