Re: partial completion and switch-to-buffer

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: partial completion and switch-to-buffer
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 07:03:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 21, 7:20 am, Tobias Gerdin <t...@opera.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> With the advent of partial-completion-mode in Emacs 23, I was wondering
> if there isn't any way to use this mechanism with switch-to-buffer ("C-x b")?
>
> Switch-to-buffer still seems to do only prefix-matching.
>
> I am aware of iswitch-mode and ido-mode, which does substring matching
> (which is basically what I want), but find them too obtrusive. I do not
> want any completion to be done unless I say so (by pressing <tab>).
>
> I'm using Emacs CVS from 2009-07-30 (i.e. pretty much 23.1).

so far as my studie goes, the partial completition does not always
works, perhaps by intention. However, wildcard works. So, just put a
wildcard “*” in front first.

might be of interest (contains some example):

• New Features in Emacs 23
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs23_features.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/