Re: Help to view .doc files with no-word.el & antiword please

From: rpd
Subject: Re: Help to view .doc files with no-word.el & antiword please
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 06:40:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joost
Thanks for your reply. I do not know why my Emacs cannot find antiword!
I have it in my PATH env.

Now I have changed my code to:

;;;;==========View WORD.doc with noword.el & antiword====================
;;;
;;requires antiword
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:\\Users\\Dad\\antiword")
(add-to-list 'exec-path "C:\\Users\\Dad\\antiword\\antiword.exe")
(autoload 'no-word "no-word" "word to txt")
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.doc\\'" . no-word))

;==

& I get this error message opening Emacs:

An error has occurred while loading `c:/Users/Dad/.emacs':

Invalid read syntax: #

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Auto-saving...

What is #?
Where has this bug come from? All I have done is change my original .emacs
code I posted earlier to the version I show now!

Any ideas anyone? I am most grateful for helpful replies, thanks