Re: How do I disable the function that gives me a "<packet> is undefined

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How do I disable the function that gives me a "<packet> is undefined" error message?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:53:02 +0200

Am 19.08.2009 um 23:33 schrieb Jay_B:

With Emacs 22.3 there was no problem, but with 23.1 I get the error message:
"<packet> is undefined"
whenever I try to compose a special character.

Searching for the string "packet" in Elisp and in the C files of GNU Emacs I could not find a line which could produce an output with "<packet>" in it. Gnus has a lot of messages with "packet" in them. I presume that something else, maybe some keyboard driver, stumbles over something faulty in this "neo" keyboard layout when you press some particular key combination and then sends its error message to GNU Emacs. Maybe you're not using dead keys to produce accents?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Stop-and-go:
        Bezeichnung für die vergeblichen Bemühungen
        der Outomobilistinnen, durch "Stop" schneller
        zu sein als die Fußgängerinnen durch "Go."