Re: Roots other than square roots in Emacs calc

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Roots other than square roots in Emacs calc
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:16:46 -0500

The ^ command gives powers; with the inverse flag, I ^, you will get the
roots.  So, for example, to find the cube root of 27, you can enter
27 RET 3 I ^

> few years ago i asked for how to do square root in comp.emacs and was
> having a fit to boot, and they told me raise it to 1/2.

Someone may well have said that, but it was also pointed out that the
manual (under "Basic Arithmetic") clearly states that "Q" gives the
square root.