Re: Version Control Log window destroys all frames on exit

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Version Control Log window destroys all frames on exit
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:36:42 -0600

Will Willis wrote:
Whenever I check in a file (with subversion), VC mode opens up a temporary buffer for me to leave a checkin message. I generally have a frame or two already open. VC mode will take a frame (I'm ok with that) but after I commit the message (C-c C-c) I'm left with one buffer in the window - the file that VC mode was checking in.

I'd prefer to have all my frames still in tact after checking in the file. Is this possible?

Give the *VC-log* buffer its own frame (which C-c C-c will delete):

(setq special-display-buffer-names
      (cons "*VC-log*" special-display-buffer-names))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA