Re: Help to connect to & view ftp server directory/files

From: A.Politz
Subject: Re: Help to connect to & view ftp server directory/files
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:35:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 28, 11:01 pm, rpd <rich...@dickinson350.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to find how I can view my website ftp server directories & files
> so I can edit & upload/download the files from Emacs.
[...]

You use it like any other filesystem, e.g. with dired.

C-x d /ftp:anonymous@ftp.idsoftware.com: RET
C-x 2
C-x d ~ RET

Now mark some files in the ftp window and type
C RET
to copy them to your local filesystem.  This would go both
ways, if you had write access on the server.

(info "(emacs) Remote Files")

-ap