Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 01:44:17 +0200

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Richard Riley<rileyrgdev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A lot of web designers don't go anyway near xhtml because it's a pain
>> and doesn't work properly anywhere other than in theory :-; A google for
>> "xhtml not working" tells you why.
>

> Could you please point to some specific page telling "xhtml not working"?

Well the one I tried when debugging nxhtml last year for one : or any
xhtml pages on ie6 (still about 10-20% of browsers) .. there are
countless examples in google land.

As I say there is a groundswell of people who have dropped xhtml
completely and reverted to html 4.01 in order to get cross browser
compatibility. I don#t support it per se, but thems the facts.