Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode

From: Edward O'Connor
Subject: Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:31:59 -0700

> As an off-topic aside, is xhtml still moving forward? I thought the W3C had
> recently decided to ditch it in favor of html 5?

That's not quite what's happened, no. HTML5 defines HTML as an
abstract DOM language with two serializations: one serialization is
compatible with legacy HTML handling, and one is XML. This latter
serialization is called XHTML5.

XHTML2, on the other hand, was a backwards-incompatible, XML-based
hypertext document format that unfortunately shared the letters H, T,
M, and L in its name with the HTML and XHTML you know and love. It's
this language, XHTML2, whose working group has been EOLed by the W3C.

HTH.
Ted