Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:00:49 +0200

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:52 AM, Richard Riley<rileyrgdev@gmail.com> wrote:

>> As an off-topic aside, is xhtml still moving forward? I thought the W3C
>> had recently decided to ditch it in favor of html 5? Anything I've read
>> suggests that there's no compelling reason to use xhtml for
>> webdesign.
>
> I tried it and regretted a LOT of wasted time and effort. It talked a
> good talk but failed the walk. I was somewhat surprised by some replies
> there that seemed to suggest xhtml was the working, accepted
> standard. It's most certainly not and a LOT of programmers have dropped
> it. So I'm with you on that one.

One of the reason to use XHTML is that it is well structured so that
you can use completion. Maybe that would be possible for HTML too, but
there is no completion for HTML in Emacs yet.

> I use nxhtml generally, but there are issues I intend to report back to
> Lennart. Its pretty slow

Please give me an example of what you find slow. It might be a bug somewhere.

> and there are some nasty indentation issues with
> certain mixed files (php and x/html).

I have added some support to make indentation in mixed files better,
but it is not yet in use. It would be nice to have someone more
helping in developing MuMaMo.