Re: Viper: replacing text?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Viper: replacing text?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:38:08 -0700 (PDT)

On 3 Set, 18:38, Sean Sieger
> But I guess where I'm coming from is the `GNU/Emacs v Vi' thing (I've
> used Vi, and it seems like a cool text editor) and personally preferring
> GNU/Emacs and then wondering why on Earth I would then want it to behave
> like Vi.
>
> Essentially.

I understand.

IMO, comparing Vi and Emacs does not make sense. Vi is an editor,
Emacs is an environment. You can just compare Vi to the default
editing program run by Emacs. Emacs can also run a Vi-like editor
(Viper), if you like - I like so ;-)

Indeed Emacs allows you to run two editors at once! (Viper and the
default one)

BTW, I'm waiting for a pure Viper solution I'm sure Lennart is still
keeping for him ;-)