RE: html browser preview help

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: html browser preview help
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 14:44:02 -0700

Sorry, I haven't followed this thread.

If all you're looking for is a way to open your regular Web browser on an HTML
file, from within Emacs, and if you are on Windows, see w32-browser.el.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/w32-browser.el

E.g. in Dired, mouse-2 on a file foo.html will open it in your normal Web
browser (not in Emacs). That assumes that your Windows file associations
associate your Web browser with the Open action for file type HTML.

If you are visiting an HTML file in Emacs, and you want to open it in your
browser, then use (w32-browser (buffer-file-name)) or `M-x w32-browser'. (You
will of course need to save the buffer first, since your browser uses the disk
file.)

If this is not related to what you're asking for, sorry for the noise -
hopefully someone else can help.