Re: Perfect python environment

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Perfect python environment
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:46:42 +0200

Hi, i never been able to install rope correctly also.
even when installed, i found severe bugs that crash emacs (don't
remember what it was).

If you just want completion in python, consider using ipython as
python-shell in emacs and use anything-python for completion.
See:

http://ipython.scipy.org/
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/PythonMode
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/anything-ipython.el