Re: Moving from Thunderbird to Emacs for mail and calendar

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Moving from Thunderbird to Emacs for mail and calendar
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 9, 11:48 pm, Jeff Clough <j...@chaosphere.com> wrote:

> My suspicion is that, in the interest of not confusing
> Windows users, Emacs is now shipping messages to the default mailer
> listed in the OS, in preference to its own SMTP capabilities.

Yes, your suspicion is correct. Unlike *nix boxes, Windows machines
are not typically configured with a standard sendmail-like mail
sending mechanism, the best we can expect is that their default GUI
Mail application is correctly configured.  But this is only the
default, so that Bug Reporting works out of the box.