Re: Adding clipboard content to the kill ring automatically (Windows)

From: PT
Subject: Re: Adding clipboard content to the kill ring automatically (Windows)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 04:48:10 +0000 (UTC)

Jeff Clough <jeff <at> chaosphere.com> writes:

> If you do this, all your killing and yanking commands in Emacs have no
> effect on the clipboard.  But you can still copy and paste text
> to/from the clipboard by using the explicit Copy and Paste commands in
> the Edit menu.

I wouldn't like to use separate keys for this, I like the seamless integration.

It is nice Emacs provides this with x-select-enable-clipboard, but it
should be extended with the concept that kill commands don't make clipboard
content inaccessible via standard yank, that's why it should be put on
the clipboard automatically in this case.