emacs / xterm

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: emacs / xterm
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:15:00 -0400

[First, please forgive the monster vague question.]

What does it take to get a fully functional shell?

I just ran woman interactively and not only didn't get my old message
about the shell not being fully functional, but didn't get the default
colors that I used to.  (I have only `(setq woman-use-own-frame nil)' in
my dotemacs.)

I'm blurring the subject ...

But my question has been a nagging one since I discovered .Xresources
and the beautiful---practical and otherwise---editor that GNU/Emacs is
run in an Xterm.

I'll do the reading, I just cannot find what to read.