Re: How to expertly fold perl or other scripting code.

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: How to expertly fold perl or other scripting code.
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:01:41 +1000

Andreas Politz <politza@fh-trier.de> writes:

>> I see too much output on google that looks very complex when I try to
>> delve into folding code in emacs.
>>
>> Is it horribly complicated?
>>
>> I know some windows editors or ide's do such folding very
>> quickly... but I'm not going to do my coding on windows.  I'm far to
>> comfortable on linux or opensolaris, but I would really like to have
>> the ability to fold/unfold code as needed, quickly and easily.
>
> M-x outline-minor-mode RET
> C-c @ C-t
>
> For a start...

I personally find outline of limited use when it comes to folding
code. However, there are a few folding modes out there (check the emacs
wiki). I use an old mode called folding.el (which is bundled in the
emacs-goodies debian package. It works quite well, is easy to install
and provides good functionality.

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au