Re: [Emacs 23] Does not show euro sign

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: [Emacs 23] Does not show euro sign
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:08:24 +0200

Am 01.10.2009 um 16:05 schrieb leandro noferini:

Yes, it works correctly showing the euro sign: what could be the
problem?

As statement in your system's or your own init file. By launching GNU Emacs with -q you can check, whether it's the system's one: if you still see the €, then it's not the system's init file which converts it to ¤. I already gave you a hint: "display table." I don't use any, so I can see € and ¤.

If this does not help, bisecting can. It's a method of commenting one half of your init file and launching GNU Emacs. When the error is gone, then it's in the commented section. Otherwise it's in the not yet commented section. Now take care of the culprit section and divide it. And so on, until you've located the guilty line.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Theory and practice are the same, in theory, but, in practice, they are different.