Re: Sorting directory-files on their extension

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Sorting directory-files on their extension
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:04:56 -0500

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

> Does Emacs contain any built-in features for sorting file-names (list
> of strings) on their (file) extension?

Sorry about my first respons... I missed the part about this being a
dired kind of operation.

You'd need to use `wdired-mode' or from a dired buffer
`wdired-change-to-wdired-mode'

Which allows you to operate on a directory like it was a file... edit
etc then save.. will effect the directory on disk.

sort-lines may be useful there.