Re: Use emacs function (beautify) in emacs script

From: mdj
Subject: Re: Use emacs function (beautify) in emacs script
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 01:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 7, 6:04 pm, Beware <mathieu.hed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I used a simply script to auto indent my VHDL code files. But in emacs
> there is a function which set all VHDL keywords in uppercase  with
> beautify function in VHDL mode menu.
>
> So i would to use this function in my script but i don't know how.
>
> If someone can help me, i very appreciate.

>From the VHDL mode help (which you can read yourself if you open a
buffer in VHDL mode with C-h m):

 CODE BEAUTIFICATION:
    `C-c M-b' and `C-c C-b' beautify the code of a region or of the
entire
    buffer respectively.  This inludes indentation, alignment, and
case
    fixing.  Code beautification can also be run non-interactively
using the
    command:

      emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs filename.vhd -f vhdl-beautify-buffer

Matt