Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages

From: LanX
Subject: Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 19:09:15 -0700 (PDT)

So far I ran my test case on 3 different systems with emacs 23 freshly
installed and the newest mode-compile.el:

- Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10 it failed
- Xubuntu Hardy 8.04 it failed
+ Windows XP it worked fine.

I decided not to try upgrading to Jaunty 9.04, the risk of resulting
problems followed with long adjustments on my laptop are actually too
high. 8(

OK now  I think it's reasonable to send a bug report, but to whose
address?

Is this for the main developer team or do they have special sub
responsibilities for special OS ports?

Or should I ask this on gnu.emacs.dev ?