Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 00:54:33 +0200

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Ilya Zakharevich
<nospam-abuse@ilyaz.org> wrote:

> Let me repeat: in my experience, if older Emacs "works", and newer one
> "does not", in about 95% of cases it indicates a bug in newer Emacs,
> not in Elisp code calling Emacs...

Maybe that is correct for the code you are writing, but I have seen
plenty of other code where the problem is in the external code.

The main problem is of course how to handle this. What about using
unit tests? When I take time to write them for nXhtml I think they
helps a lot. (But I am mostly not fighting problems with getting it to
fit with changes in Emacs. I am fighting my own mistakes. And mistakes
in external libraries.)