paragraph formatting/filling in html-helper-mode

From: ken
Subject: paragraph formatting/filling in html-helper-mode
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:18:40 -0400

 paragraph filling in html-helper-mode.  When I'm typing up a paragraph
 such as this one, and auto-fill is on, when I get to the end of a line,
 a space is automatically inserted into the first column of the next
 line as shown here.

 that, if I hit M-q to reformat the paragraph the "</p>" tag (which was
 formerly indented by one space, as shown in the paragraph above) is
 pulled up into the body of the paragraph so that it becomes part of the
 paragraph's final line (as here).  </p>

filling, as shown in this paragraph: there's no space character
inserted at the begin of every line and the closing paragraph tag
(</p>) stays where it is: below the paragraph's last line and indented
one space.

Thanks for any help with this.

--
War is a failure of the imagination.