Re: Help: execute scripts form emacs

From: Olivier Sirven
Subject: Re: Help: execute scripts form emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:10:37 +0200

wdysun <grammophonia@gmail.com> writes:

> suppose I have a script in /bin, let us assume it is called mytex. Suppose I
> am editing  a  file called  filename.tex.
>
> If I run the following command from the console:
>
> $ mytex  filename
>
> this will do several things (tex the filename with several options, then
> convert the dvi to pdf and it deletes all aux files I don't need).
>
> There is a way to launch the script from emacs or even to build a function
> so that I can run the command just with M  - something?

Hello,

You might want have a look at shell-command lisp function (C-h f) for this
purpose.
All you'd have to do is to write a small lisp function retreiving the
current file name and path and running your command against it.
Then a simple define-key or global-set-key would do the trick for your
shortcut.

Olivier