Re: Anyone gone from mutt to Emacs? was: Re: Moving from Thunderbird to

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Anyone gone from mutt to Emacs? was: Re: Moving from Thunderbird to Emacs for mail and calendar
Date: 12 Oct 2009 15:22:04 GMT

David Combs wrote:
> Question: I use mutt on my isp-shell-account, and like it,
> and use .1% of its capability (I think, so powerful is it).
> Has anyone switched from mutt to emacs (temporarily or not)?
> Comments?

I did, a couple of years ago, switching to mutt+slrn to Gnus. I ended up
switching back after a month or so.

Gnus for news is fine, slrn works in much the same way, but I couldn't get used
to Gnus' handling of email. Gnus treats every mail folder in the same way that
it does a news group, and I simply couldn't get used to that.

I've considered using one of the email clients for Emacs, but none seems to have
been designed with the possibility of having more than one (IMAP)-server in
mind.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)