Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages

From: LanX
Subject: Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

OK guys it seems the miracle why this bug only happens with me is
resolved!

I did CVS-trunk Installations of 23.1.50 while the other tests done
where with the stable 23.1.1.

To be sure, I just installed GNU Emacs 23.1.1, which doesn't show any
of these problems.

Sorry, Googling for "emacs 23 install" predominantly leads to advices
for "CVS trunk" installations, even including complete ubuntu
packages.

http://www.saltycrane.com/blog/2008/10/installing-emacs-23-cvs-ubuntu-hardy/
http://emacs.orebokech.com/

I have trouble to find any ubuntu packages for the stable release, any
advice?