How to get emacsclient working from eclipse?

From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
Subject: How to get emacsclient working from eclipse?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:23:26 -0700

I'm using Emacs 23.0.92.1 on Cygwin 1.5.25.

If I run emacsclient from either rxvt or a DOS window, it works fine,
opening up the specified file in my current Emacs instance.

If I specify emacsclient in eclipse as the command line to open a file
in an external editor (There's a "Path Tools" plugin for this), I see in
the Eclipse console: "/usr/bin/emacsclient: could not get terminal
name".

I've googled for this, and some people have seen the same message, but
seemingly in different situations.  I don't know if those cases apply to
this.

Is there something simple I can do to get this to work?