command/key to insert word at point in minibuffer

From: LanX
Subject: command/key to insert word at point in minibuffer
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:48:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

This is more kind of  a usability interface question, I find it hard
to remember all the different methods  to capture the word-at-point
when I need it as a parameter in the minibuffer.

For instance instead of C-x C-f I have to type M-x ffap and so on.

Using incremental search I have the possibility to use C-w after C-s,
BUT it only inserts the rest of the word from the point onward.

Is it possible to define a general keybinding which always inserts the
whole word-at-point from the last buffer from where I invoked the
minibuffer?

It would be much easier just to remember this one command and I often
already automatically invoked C-x C-f when I find out that ffap would
have been smarter.

With this command I wouldn't always need to leave again with C-g and
start M-x ffap.

any help appreciated

cheers
  rolf