Re: paragraph formatting/filling in html-helper-mode -- solution

From: ken
Subject: Re: paragraph formatting/filling in html-helper-mode -- solution
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:21:27 -0400

Since no one here seemed to have a solution to this previously posted
issue, I played around with a compromise solution, i.e., changing the
value of paragraph-separate from its default to " +</".  I did this by
executing

(setq paragraph-separate " +</")

in a buffer.  After this, a paragraph which looked like the first or the
third one below, when C-q was run on it, would stay as it was and
wouldn't be reformatted into what the second paragraph looks like, i.e.,
 pretty much what I was wanting (and which I like better than the
default behavior).

So that setq line is what I'm putting into my ~.emacs ... I'm posting
this to be of assistance to anyone else who is looking for the same
solution.