Sunrise Commander: Tabs Extension

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Sunrise Commander: Tabs Extension
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 06:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Emacs Community,

I'm glad to announce the first release of another add-on for the
Sunrise Commander File Manager[1]: the Tabs extension.

This extension brings tab‐based navigation to the Sunrise Commander.
It adds to the list of optional mechanisms already available in
Sunrise for moving around the file system (like regular bookmarks,
checkpoints, history rings, materialized virtual buffers, navigable
paths and file‐following) another way to maintain a list of selected
locations one wants to return later on, or to compose "breadcrumb
trails" for complex repetitive operations. Creating, using and
destroying tabs are fast and easy operations, either with mouse or
keyboard.

The main difference between tabs and other mechanisms (besides the
visual feedback) is that once a buffer has been assigned to a tab, it
will not be killed automatically by Sunrise, so it’s possible to keep
it around as long as necessary with all its marks and state untouched.

For this extension to work properly you need version 3R208 (or newer)
of the Sunrise Commander. To get a copy (including installation and
usage notes) visit: http://joseito.republika.pl/sunrise-x-tabs.el.gz

[1] For more information on the file manager itself and a current list
of available extensions see: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Sunrise_Commander

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.