Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 02:03:11 +0100

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> I have no experience with such test rigs, nor with any the many Emacs
> test frameworks, and I have time neither to review them, nor to write
> my own.  But I would very much welcome some test framework to be
> installed in Emacs's CVS repository such that I can easily add tests in
> the "test" subdirectory for simple low-level tests.
>
> Being able to have higher-level tests would be nice as well and is
> indeed a hard problem in general, but it's not a prerequisite at all.

I have added some things to ert.el so that it can be used for testing
commands and also fontification. (Some lisp expert could probably
transform my additions to something better, but the funcitonality is
there.)

This is, as Joseph noted, part of nXhtml. There is no harm in
downloading nXhtml and installing that ( ;-) ), but you can also grab
the files directly from the nXhtml repository at Launchpad. In some
moment of extraordinary orderlineness I happened to put them in the
nxhtml/test directory.

If you install nXhtml you can run the tests for nXhtml with

   M-x nxhtmltest-run-Q

to see how it works.