RE: Using tramp from Cygwin Emacs

From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
Subject: RE: Using tramp from Cygwin Emacs
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:13:26 -0800

I believe I've tried using the Cygwin ssh, but I appear to get the same
result, even bypassing tramp.  I tried just using "eshell" and doing
"ssh <thehostname>" (and I'm sure that this is using Cygwin's openssh
package).  After entering the password, it just redisplayed the password
prompt.  I'm using the same credentials that are working fine with
"putty".  It seems like this isn't an Emacs problem, or even a Cygwin
problem (I can repeat the same symptom just using Putty's Plink), but
perhaps something about the configuration of the SSH server.  I don't
know enough about it to be sure, but my testing seems to point to that.