Re: gunzip problem on Windows

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: gunzip problem on Windows
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:23:52 -0800 (PST)

Found a solution. Create a file name gunzip.bat, with this content:

@echo off
gzip -d %1

thanks to Eli and others.

I filed a bug report to FSF on this. #4867. I think this should still
considered a bug though. Considering it as a Windows OS problem isn't
very helpful in solving this. I'm sure if similar problems happens in
linux that's OS issue, people probably will not look at it as “Oh,
it's OS issue, emacs doesn't need to deal with it”.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/