Re: emacs 23 and x-symbol

From: Andreas Klein
Subject: Re: emacs 23 and x-symbol
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:30:37 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Yes. Don't use it in GNU Emacs 23. GNU Emacs 23 can display all Unicode characters. It might become necessary to create a fontset...

That does not help me. I use X-Symbol not for displaying exotic characters, but for the input helps in TeX and for the nice feater that I see all the exotic charaters, but the TeX-file contains only ASCII. I have found no good replacement for that in other packages.

For the moment I stay with Emacs 22.

Best wishes
        Andreas Klein