Re: Emacs on Windows ignoring "\C-)"

From: Joe
Subject: Re: Emacs on Windows ignoring "\C-)"
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:47:42 -0800 (PST)

First off, thanks for the replies.  Now to address those replies:

> I don't see this problem on Windows XP SP2.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem is related to Windows 7.  Does
any one
running Vista or Windows 7 have this problem?

> I do not see this problem either on Windows XP, but I wonder if you
> have sticky keys turned on, Joe?

Sticky keys are off.

> Does it look like this in the minibuffer?  Describe key (or click or menu
> item): C-)- IOW, ending with a with a dash, with the cursor after the dash?

No, it completely ignores "C-)".  For example the key sequence:

"C-h k C-) g" results in "C-h k g".  Emacs describes the `self-insert-
command'
because that's what 'g' does.

> You say that this also happens to you if you start Emacs using `emacs -Q'? If
> so, then consider filing a bug: `M-x report-emacs-bug'. AFAIK, `C-)' should
> not be bound to anything by default in virgin, vanilla Emacs. (describe-key
> (kbd "C-)") should say simply `C-) is undefined'.

Yes, "emacs -Q" also ignores "C-)".  I'm hesitant to file a bug report
because I
think I might have done something silly on my system.  I'd like to
first see if
"C-)" is recognized in another application.  Are there any Windows
applications
to show keypresses?

> What does that help say?

It shows the help for `paredit-forward-slurp-sexp', which is what I
expect.