How to kill line beginning with specific string

From: brooklynwhite
Subject: How to kill line beginning with specific string
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:51:29 -0800 (PST)

I need to figure out how to kill a series of lines in a text file that all
begin with the same string.  The format of the lines is:
2000 001 00        AIR TEMP     354

The second and third expressions in the line change with subsequent lines,
e.g.:

2000 002 01        AIR TEMP     354

Is there a simple way for me to search for and kill all of these lines
without having to repeatedly enter the search mode and type ctrl-k when the
line is found?  I realize this may be a silly question so thanks for your
patience and help.