Re: Gnus slow with IMAP when changing ISP's

From: Nevo
Subject: Re: Gnus slow with IMAP when changing ISP's
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:22:54 +0800

2009/11/19 Damian <damian.only@gmail.com>
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Nevo <sakur.deagod@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I also suffered from this occasionally (not constant) for both gmail and
>> > our
>> > private imap server ,it just hang everything sometime when I tried to
>> > check
>> > emails (M-g) until I killed the whole emacs, just exactly the same with
>> > what
>> > you've told here.  I've once checked the both GNUs log and emacs log,
>> > not
>> > finding anything (maybe I missed something else) . And trying to use
>> > "gnutls" tool to connect with imap server, it just returned immediately.
>> > believe "Thunderbird" is okay , though most of the time I'm using GNUS.
>> >
>> So could you solve the problm by using gnutls?
>>
>> Did you only changed (nnimap-stream ssl) by (nnimap-stream tls), or
>> did you perform any additional tweaks?
>
> No, I didnot solve this problem ,as I mentioned, it's not so constant . I
> only did some test by using "gnutls" to see if it's from server issue. You
> may wait to see anyone else having this constantly ,then we could have
> chance to figure it out.
I'm having it almost constantly. I just arrived to work, tried to
check for new mail, and I only got a nice clock instead of the mouse
pointer, and that's it. So I don't know what could this be. If I
restart emacs checking for new mail will be almost instantaneous.

 You may try other email account to see if this problem is persistent.  Otherwise , you have to find out where Emacs/GNUS is blocked  ,by some external tools ,such as GDB or elisp debugger ....Sorry, not able to help you here :)

Nevo