Re: LISP Questions - random, random elements and memory management

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: LISP Questions - random, random elements and memory management
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:40:48 +0000

Jeff,

Jeff Clough wrote:
From: Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:44:24 -0500

How about putting it in a text file that you load into a temporary buffer when you need it? Then kill the buffer when you're done with it.
> I was thinking about this.  The only real issue is with figuring out a
> good lifecycle for the buffer that wouldn't leave the user confused
> ("Hey, where did this buffer come from?")

If a buffer's name starts with a space, then it is hidden from the user
unless they do C-x b SPC TAB  or similar.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.