Automatically viewing diffs while composing changes with vc-mode

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Automatically viewing diffs while composing changes with vc-mode
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:02:00 -0800

Whenever I'm composing a changelog entry for vc-mode, I like to be
able to view the corresponding diff.  Currently, after I use 'C-x v v'
to create the *VC-Log* buffer, I immediately press 'C-c C-d' to open
the *VC-Diff* buffer.  Then after entering my changelog entry and
committing with 'C-c C-c', I always immediately close the *VC-Diff*
buffer.

I was wondering about ways to automate the extra steps.  I'd
appreciate any concrete suggestions on how I could achieve this
behavior.

Thanks.