Re: Gnus slow with IMAP when changing ISP's

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: Gnus slow with IMAP when changing ISP's
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:31:28 +0100

Nevo> I think fire a bug doesn't hurt , at least three of us encounter
Nevo> the same problem.

You can count me as well, and count me twice rather than once, because
this bug bites me at least twice a day, and has done so for a year at
least. I just stumbled upon this thread while looking for an alternative
mail client that would let me read my mail after suspend. Yes, I was
about to quit gnus because that was really too much trouble.

Stefan, I read your patch, thank you for trying to make imap.el more
robust about network surprises.

To answer a previous question, I was not able to reproduce this bug with
any other mail client, and can reproduce on demand with gnus.

--
  Paul